Friday, January 21, 2011

I got sucked in...

After reading my friend's (Abby) blog, I decided this would be a great way to release my thoughts into the world. Plus my therapist (yes, I see a therapist) suggested that I keep a journal to vent. So, here I am with my laptop and racing thoughts about the past year and life in general... 

I always told people that if I ever wrote a book about my life it would be a Best Seller, HA! In the past year alone, the ending of friendships, lovers, lies, backstabbing, numerous alcohol and drug induced nights, and even some moments of clarity were hands down enough for a best seller. Some of this drama, unfortunately followed me into 2011 *eye roll*. Who knows when or IF any of it will stop following me. Anywho, I learned three valuable lessons in 2010; 1. ALWAYS go with your gut (trust me, it’s not cramping because of your lunch). 2. Don’t talk, just listen (people tend to think you aren’t paying attention. Yes, they are that oblivious). 3. Karma is one helluva bitch (she may not be instantaneous but, people end up really getting what they deserve). Even with all the crazy drama...I don't regret a single thing done or person met. Because if anything actually went the way I planned or wanted, I definitely would not be who and where I am right now.
The new year started off with a horrible hangover, and followed was a new job (which I LOVE) and new outlook on people and life. I’m still the open, blunt, easy going, love to joke and laugh, Emmaline everyone knows. I’ve just tweeked a few things, HA!

So, here’s to new “Best Seller” worthy adventures and to the people who will take the time to read about it…

No comments:

Post a Comment